Balance . . . that has been on my mind for 2012 and it has taken me some time to sort out how to approach this. After a bit of time looking at how other folks balance their lives, I have my "first draft" of balance for myself. Being VERY visual, I made a chart and will tweak it as time goes on and I find what I like and do not like about my system of staying in balance. At this point, I will address this on a monthly basis, as that seems to be a very typical way of organizing our lives. I think it is good for me to reflect my activities now and again and be sure I am not neglecting a critical aspect of my being. It will also assist me in using the word NO.
Regardless, how I plan to stay in balance this year (month by month) is by . . .
Staying curious
Staying productive
Staying connected
Staying healthy
Staying joyful (and grateful)
Staying faithful
Staying in service
and just BEING . . . in the moment. i.e. doing my best to not dwell (on the past) and worry (about the future).
I somehow want RENEWAL to be a part of this, still pondering that. We are born anew each day, maybe that will be enough to address this aspect. That is certainly the FOCUS of my existence. A child of God, who is saved by the grace of The One who took on my sins, every day. This influences all aspects of my life. Nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment