Pages

29 December 2013

Wrapping up the year

I have the idea that January will involve no sewing. I am planning on focusing on videos and pictures, scanning, burning, editing, etc. I have a pile of photos and such that is ridiculous and intend to do something about it. Get it organized, or something. I do not believe any of my children want to be burdened with boxes and boxes of old photos and such. I am not sure the plan yet, but something. 

So wrapping up this and that, to pack away things for January. By the way, I doubt this will work perfectly, as "the sewing urge is strong in me", but we'll see. 

I made youngest two more little knit skirts. This first one, the gray, had to be altered, I needed to bring in the waist more. Not sure why, as this is how the original was, but I think it is because the knit is not quiet as stretchy. So the second one, black, was altered just that little bit at the waist. She wears these when she is dancing! Over her leggings. Great idea.



This was an experiment. A cardigan for SIL#1. Basic black knit. Keep him warm. 


For oldest. A simple knit skirt for work. 


Jammies for hubby. He is a moose fan.


Nightgowns for me, for these cold months. 


Yeah, a little wild, but when it goes on sale for $2.99 a yard, I think just about anything is acceptable. Actually I really love the purple, and butterflies are always a lovely theme. Love butterflies. Oldest was a Indian Princess with her daddy when she was young. Her name was Flying Butterfly, so lovely, and her daddy was Running Bear, hmmmm. The youngest is very much a butterfly lover, giving her sister and me butterfly necklaces last year. 

I am hoping to make one more shirt waist for oldest and a shirt for SIL#1 before the end of the year, three more days. We'll see. Not much time left and the flu has visited our home, so a super slow down happened this past week. Then, the annual parade of spools. This year I believe I broke all previous records since keeping track. I have a feeling I broke all previous records period! Redunculous how much sewing (and praying) happened this year . . . . smiling!!!! 

No comments: