This year we decided to invite my AR brother and sister-in-law to our home for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My sister-in-law, who I have known since I was 14, had folks who could cook, and she really likes the turkey, dressing and other dishes associated with Thanksgiving. So that is what we did. We then invited their son and his new wife, who had their little wedding ceremony in our home. They said YES! It was our year to host our girls as well. I think we have a party! Then, to my surprise and delight, my oldest brother and his wife asked if they could join us. YES! YES! YES! Of coarse! So we had a house full. The guest room, the sewing room with the blow up Queen and the sun room with the queen sofa bed were all put to use. We had a dozen during the day and eight at night. I didn't hear any complaining, so I guess everyone was comfortable enough. I know I was one happy camper! It was so wonderful, as we are the ones who live away from every one else, so having folks come this way is a special treat, and this Thanksgiving was a great treat. Fun had by all.
There were games.
And sitting around with devices
And EATING!
just tilt your head a bit - I tried everything
And talking.
SO VERY thankful for my family, my friends, my home, and the gifts I have been given from above. AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment