Pages

06 July 2009

My "days and days" dress

This dress took forever!

It started with the fabric, I LOVE this fabric, but have never worked with something quite so silky and unstable. I ended up adding fusible interfacing to all of the lining bits to give it some body. Very tricky to work with. And when I thought I was done, one side of the bodice didn't lay right, so all apart to fiddle with that. I finally got it, but it took forever!


This is the bodice that took some real finessing to get it to lay and look right. I spend a lot of time deciding how to lay out the fairly large design on the fabric. It had to be symmetrical and it had to be very precise. I am happy with the way it ended up. Especially the little "circle of flowers" right in the center.



I also worked pretty hard on the back to get it just the way I wanted it. There is a flaw that I am not too happy about, but if you can't find it, I am NOT going to point it out. I am not a PERFECT sewer, just a HAPPY sewer.



The "big picture" from behind. I am very pleased with the results, but this dress took FOREVER!



I am wearing it Saturday night to see Phantom! Can't wait.

No comments: