This weekend my younger daughter came up for a fitting and visit and we ended up with a bit of a sewing lesson! We pulled out my mom's Bernina, which is exactly like the one I donated, except her's is not falling apart and has a 110 motor, no need for a transformer. I am not sure if my mom's has the "miles" I had put on mine during the thirty plus years I owned it. Even my new Pfaff has an amazing number of hours under it's belt already. I do sew frequently, nearly daily, and for fairly long hours at times. These next dresses will require much more hand sewing, as they will be couture dresses. I love looking at Vogue Magazine and seeing little dresses that are over $2000, and realizing I can top that! At least in a way that makes a dress much more user friendly and practical. Amazing how the more expensive the dress is, the fewer times it seems to be worn. Those ladies on the red carpet generally never wear the dress again. How silly.
This is a dress I made for my youngest. Extremely simple, very quality fabric, fully lined and fitted precisely to HER! I think she might wear this one more than once.


I am pretty proud of this one, and it was the first time I sewed with a real quality fabric and was completely blown away with how wonderful that was. Probably a bit like driving a VW bug for years and then sitting behind the wheel of a Jag! Oh, yeah, this is NICE! My hubby, I have found, is drawn to the real quality fabrics for his dress shirts. Now that I have experienced higher end fabric, I am enjoying sewing even more. I will continue to use some nice cottons for the kids, but will enjoy using nicer fabric for our nicer clothing. And now, I have a sewing buddy, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment