I have never done anything like this before so there is a certain amount of experimenting, but hopefully it will hold up through washings. I took some of the leftover t-shirt material from my other friends t-shirts, and washed these little shirts to make sure they were preshrunk. I put the tricot lining behind the knit to stabalize it, and layered the colors over a regular stabilizer, and on top of all the layers I ironed on an iron on/tear away so nothing would shift. It seems to have worked pretty well. It's a bit funky looking, but there is no way a little man won't know that is a FOOTBALL!
I have two more shirts, the blue shirt will have a baseball and I think I'll do a soccer ball on the orange. Gotta think about how I will embellish the soccer ball. I have done some before, but will need to do some research before I proceed.
No comments:
Post a Comment