Pages

09 April 2010

T-shirt Quilt


After getting things sorted out in the sewing room, I realized I don't have as many unfinished projects as I thought, so after I finished the mending, I decided to do some prep work on a t-shirt quilt I have been asked to make for a young friend. She gave me twenty shirts and some fabric that she chose to put it together.

I washed and ironed all the fabrics and also cut each t-shirt motif out and lined each one with an iron on tricot to stablize the knits. They are all a different size, so now that they are prepped I will let some ideas simmer and see which one inspires me. There are lots of ways to put something like this together, but I want it to be kinda fabulous, so will try to come up with at least five or six different patterns before I decide on one.

This will be my first t-shirt quilt, although I have been thinking about doing one for years of all of my son's Hard Rock Cafe shirts that he collected and WORE! My oldest daughter also gave me a few that I have tucked away somewhere. This may open a can of worms!

No comments: