10 September 2010
My first bow tie!
Every time my husband buys a bow tie, I think . . . I could do that. But never really attempted them for him. Pretty simple looking, but sometimes those can be the trickiest. My sister-in-law send some beautiful silk and challenged me to finally give it a try. Can't say it turned out perfectly, but he will be able to use it. I learned that these ties are NOT cut on the bias as the long ties are, and I also lined the tie with tricot iron on fused to a very light weight muslin. That seem to give it just the right amount of body. I made the first to fit hubby, but I think I will make the rest adjustable. It was a bear to turn that thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it looks fantastic! How much fabric did it take? Just in case I make it to Kaplans again... Sue
Post a Comment