Pages

14 May 2011

Adventure #1 - March MADNESS!

Hubby invited his friend of 55 years and his lovely wife to join us for March Madness Final Four after hearing that was a dream of his, sort of on his "bucket list." Gotta admit, hubby was pretty pumped as well, we bought four tickets the minute they went on sale last year! We were also blessed to be able to stay in our friends fancy two bedroom, two bath loft while we stuck our friends in our 400 square foot efficiency in the same building! The difference in a nutshell . . . we have a little $80 TV with a 15" screen in ours, our friends (where we stayed) have a high def. wall mounted, AWESOME TV that must be over 40 inches in theirs. Our friends spent most of the time with us in the fancy loft, they only slept in our little loft.

We had a weekend of GREAT FOOD, a little shopping, a Gospel Breakfast in place of church (hey guys, it's allowed), a FREE Kenny Chesney concert within walking distance of the loft and of coarse basketball! The weather cooperated and we just had a crazy blast.

Funny thing is . . . we ended up NOT going to the final game. First because I was feeling a bit puny after all that fun and asked to be left behind. Second, our guests were willing to be flexible, and third . . . did I mention that awesome TV??? It all worked out fabulous, as we had a WAY better "view" on that great TV and the next morning was gonna be EARLY and we are OLD! I know some of you understand.

So the guys went out and got some great BBQ, popped a cork and we had the best time following the game on that GREAT BIG FABULOUS TV!!! I can't remember who won, but I sure know I had a great time. Go BUTLER????? I know they were in there somewhere.

No comments: