Yup, time to update on the health front.
I had my last chemo back over the New Year, nearly 20 weeks ago. For the past 20 weeks, my blood counts have stayed dangerously low, in the critically deficient range. I have been feeling a bit better, but fear of germs and my energy level keep my activities somewhat tempered. As you can see from the past posts, life is still full of fun, adventure and surprises! I miss getting to travel though, as there are some people FAR AWAY that I love VERY MUCH. I will be risking it this summer though, getting on a plane, augh, scary, GERMS! Babies . . . hugs, laughter and play!!
Anyhoo . . . this business with the marrow not recovering prompted my doctor to consider the reasons why and suggested that we need to look into something called Myelodysplastic Syndrome, or MDS. It is basically a failure of the bone marrow. Another type of cancer. I knew going into this that once you had one cancer, your chances of getting another were increased. This one, in fact, is often brought on by chemotherapy, which is a very toxic process. I sure hope it is not MDS, but in reading literature from the MDS website and the MDAnderson website, it is possible. Regardless, something is wrong and probably needs to be addressed.
I have spent the past few days with weepy eyes and great peace as well. No matter what, all will be well, it is promised. I hang onto that and the fact that I have an incredible husband (give that man a gold star) family and friend support and probably more people than I can imagine praying for me, and I have my faith, which I am so thankful for. I must rest in that and keep a positive attitude.
My doctor is giving me some time to see if I might still spontaneously recover my counts, hope springs eternal! Thank you for the prayers, they mean so much to me and each day I sit quietly in a special spot with an icon of Jesus calming the waters in my line of vision and I take in all those prayers, consciously, purposefully and thankfully.
14 May 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment