I still have to set in the zipper and hem the blue dress. The wedding dress needs the zipper and also the lining sewn in. It is pretty complicated inside that thing! We do another fitting to get the zippers just right, then finish those puppies.
I love the little row of buttons. They were a bear to get lined up evenly. If they were off kilter, they would shine at different angles and I would not have been satisfied with that look.
The bride will look lovely from the front AND the back. What a beautiful little dress for a beautiful young bride. I sure do love that little girl. What a pleasure it will be to see her join such a fine young man and start her life with him.
I have never enjoyed working with a fabric as much as this blue silk, what a dream. I think my oldest should get years of service out of this dress and jacket.
Beautiful from the front and the back.
The bride picked out the color for the "maid of honor" and this beautiful clasp that is reminiscent of our time in Europe. Lovely.
So . . . It looks like I might just pull this off. Much pressure was taken off because I managed to purchase my entire outfit last week.
I am so excited for the wedding, for her to be a wife of such a fine young man, to get to see ALL three of my children and all my grandchildren (very rare indeed) plus a brother and sister-in-law, my folks and some very special long time friends, who I nearly consider family. It's a small wedding but so very very special. Let's party!
No comments:
Post a Comment