I had my doctor appointment yesterday and was very eager to get some answers. His comment about MDS six weeks ago really threw me and I have spent some time these past six weeks doing some research to understand the disease and praying I didn't have it. Two prayers were answered, first I do NOT have MDS, no indications of it in the bone marrow, and second (best of all), remission! I was a little surprised as I did not complete all six rounds of chemo. I only had three. My white count, neutrophiles and platelets are still extremely low, but I am on antibiotics and antivirals and will continue to be sensible about germs. Better safe than sorry, I say.
So we celebrated with our youngest (the bride to be) at REEF for dinner and even got a hug from the oldest on the way home. My family is so great at helping me keep things in perspective and giving me a good laugh when I need it. I was on the phone with my mom telling her about only having the three rounds and was concerned about that being enough, etc. and my daughter commented, "it's the chemo LIMIT, not the chemo REQUIREMENT!" I used to say something like that to her when she was learning to drive. It's the speed LIMIT, NOT the speed requirement. I guess she was listening. Sure made me laugh. Remission is remission, I guess I just responded quickly, good for me.
Now . . . it can be all about the wedding and the visit from the grandchildren. Pictures and stories coming soon!
1 comment:
YAHOOO!!!! Love you and so looking forward to our visit.
Post a Comment