Pages

22 December 2011

Lucky Me

I have been spending time doing geneology and scanning old pictures that I have. Keeping them on CD's is such a great advance in technology. So many of the old pictures have no information on where, when or even who is in the picture. Most I can estimate, but it's a shame for sure. These blogs are amazing in keeping track of where, when and who. Fabulous.

Just about my favorite of my mother-in-law is about as everyday and unromantic as you can get. This picture was probably taken in 1956, which is when they moved into their new home. I love how proud she looks and seems to enjoy her "modern" convenience that was located in the basement. I know my mom didn't have a washing machine the first few years of married life (and first few children) and was thrilled when she got her first one. I, too, had to go to the laundry mat, even after our first came along, what a pain. The thrill of that first washing machine, especially when you have had to manage without, IS a thrill. I gotcha Mama Ruth. I probably looked equally as proud.

Obviously, no dryer, just a nice little clothes wringer. Can you imagine the wrinkles?

No comments: