Anyway, I decided to do the same for Baby K, but I let her do the drawing. This is her K and I did the little flower, anticipating showing her three total stitches. She did a great job, only sticking herself once as she was trying to pull the needle through the fabric. After that, I got the "pop" part. She learned quickly how to hold the base of the needle so the thread wouldn't come out as she drew the thread through the fabric.
We spent two sessions of about 20 minutes each. And we also spoke the words, "poke", "POP!" and "pull" for each and every stitch, and I was quite impressed with her concentration, patience and ability to be very precise as she placed the up stitch blindly from the back. She would not give up and would try as long as it took to get that needle to come up exactly where it needed to be. Pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment