Pages

25 July 2013

I did not make this!

The young lady I have been teaching to sew has been doing a great job. She started out with jammies and an "ugly" doll last year. This summer she jumped into things with a rather involved apron that she made for her granny. It was very cute and she did a great job. Ruffles AND pockets!



I felt like she was ready for a dress. She and her mom found a simple pattern and a nice cotton and we got to work. She did a great job. I helped with some of the process, but she always practices each skill that is needed. Sometimes I help just so she is not sitting for hours doing a tedious hem, or other finishing. I love doing them, and they make the garment that much nicer. Not necessary, though. I mostly hope she learns some great skills and has a smile on her face when she thinks about sewing. I have enjoyed my time with her. 


We have a new top in the works, and hopefully we will be able to accomplish this task before school starts in August. It is a plaid and has a cowl collar, so she will certainly increase her skill level as we make this top. 

No comments: