The fabric on the right is the one that had "fabric may crock" on the end of the bolt. It is a polyester/wool blend. Never heard of it, but thankfully the fabric cutter knew when I asked. I have been wanting to make a really nice jacket with a bold pattern. This is NOT a bold pattern, but bold enough, and also on sale for $11 a yard. I can experiment for $22. Plus, more than likely I WILL have a wearable lovely jacket to wear with my black wool skirt. I was thinking about taking a class, but those are expensive, so I think for me, I do better to read my books and then "practice" the process, fit and finishing and learn from that. Generally if I do have a question a little research will get me the answer. My first may not be perfect every time, but 9 times out of 10, very wearable and nice.
The polka dot is a knit. Polka dot (check), knit (check), on sale (check check). I will get an every day, nice T and a tank out of $18 now that I have my lovely new serger and coverlock machines.
This is the two fabrics I purchased to make hubby new undershirts. One is an organic cotton knit, the other is a bamboo fabric, so VERY soft. Then on the right is the cotton ribbing to put around the neckline. I will make a note of each fabric and see how they hold up. I washed both pieces in HOT water (cause that is what they will get washed in in the future) and they both came out very nice. I haven't measured them for shrinkage yet, we'll see. I have NEVER made a man's undershirt before, but will use one of his old ones to draft a pattern and lengthen it, as that is the issue. He is SURE that t-shirt manufacturer are cutting corners by skimping on the length, as he has never had trouble keeping his t-shirts tucked in until recently.
When I have my jacket pattern/fit perfected, my dream suit will be made out of this! NOT $11 a yard!!! Didn't purchase it yet, but dreaming about it. I will make a BRIGHT pink shell to wear under and line the suit. FUN! FABULOUS!!
Oh, I swoon at the loveliness.


No comments:
Post a Comment