We purchased a yard of 100% organic cotton last weekend to make hubby a new T-shirt. Store bought ones were getting shorter and shorter, he was having trouble keeping them tucked in. So my plan is to make him a number of shirts that are comfortable and have the length he needs. But I needed to practice first.
After drafting a pattern from his old shirt, I cut out the new shirt, then spent the entire time fighting with rolling edges. You can see how it rolls up after being cut. I think the next time I will give myself at least an inch seam allowance, marking the stitch line, that might help when it is time to construct the shirt. The hem took forever and I had to pin it close, and all the way around.
Rolling, rolling, rolling! AUGH!
Here is a picture of the old shirt with the new shirt under it.
The new shirt is about 5 inches longer than the old.
The finished shirt with the ribbed collar.
We also purchased a yard of bamboo, that will be started once this one is tried on and any adjustments are noted. Hey, if you are going to have someone make you a garment, it may as well be right. RIGHT? RIGHT! Then we will see how they hold up, feel, fit, etc. and decide what hubby prefers them to be made of. Then we will purchase some more fabric.
No comments:
Post a Comment