Pages

06 July 2014

Cookies

I have begun to make cookies! Fancy cookies. DELICIOUS cookies, as the recipe is outstanding. SOOOO yummy. The frosting is made with white chocolate, so not the typical royal icing used to decorate most cookies. This one is definitely up a notch in the taste department. A lovely friend from church was generous enough to share her recipe and give me tips. I have also been reading blogs. Amazing some of the things you can learn from others. I am also getting more cutters, colors and equipment to make things easier.

So anyway. . . the grandkids had a BIG day recently with baptisms and first communions. The newest grandson, JR, recently officially adopted, had his baptism, and the three oldest siblings, Cowboy, Lulu, and KN received their First Communion. Oh, how I would have LOVED to have been there. It wasn't to be. So . . . I made cookies to send in the mail along with the little stained glass window that I made for JR. 

These have more of a baptismal theme.


These have more of a communion theme.
And this is how I made the shape using my new multi sized circle cutters. 

And next time I will pick a nicer background to take the pictures! I tried to give the cookies a "stained glass" look. So fun. My son's birthday is next and I hope he enjoys his fun cookies that I thought of. 

No comments: