I finished a skirt to wear with my new jacket. Need to wait for the buttons (this Saturday) and some cooler weather, but that won't be too far off, fall starts in less than three weeks. It is a simple wrap skirt. I knew it needed to be a fairly simple, straight skirt, but when I ran across this pattern, Simplicity 2229, I realized I could make the adaptations and make it the way I wanted. It is quite simple, completely lined and I made it so it overlaps. The pattern had a zipper in the side and the front overlap sewn together. Nope, made it my own.
On the dress form.
This lining is a piece my mom gave me. All of the fabric, including the linings were pieces I had. The only NEW thing I purchased was the trim, from my local craft store, not expensive at all.
A preview of the finished suit. Needs buttons!



No comments:
Post a Comment