Our little surprise grandson, who will be "legal" on Wednesday is going to be baptized on Easter Sunday! Many in his family will be present for this auspicious occasion. Oldest daughter brought me her wedding dress, which I made back in 2005 and asked if I would turn it into a little outfit for her son to be baptized in. What a lovely idea. Weddings and Baptisms are very profound and special occasions, with special blessings attached. I am honored to be asked to sew for these occasions.
Since I had time and fabric, I made a hat and shoes.
I was asked to babysit the G-man
while my daughter had a dentist appointment.
He survivied!
Things have settled down a bit lately, so the sewing room is again being occupied on a regular basis, and I am a happy camper. Sewing is something that pulls me in. The business of stitching, designing, producing just fill me in a way nothing else does. Can't explain, just who I am! I make things for people I love.
This is the beginning of a little quilt I am making from shirts I have made the past few years. My son is the recipient of several of said shirts, so this is for his youngest son who turns 2 in April. Hope it is done by then. Simple shapes and I will put his initials on it as well.




No comments:
Post a Comment