Pages

04 February 2015

Baby eyes and kissy lips

This was written several years ago. Amazing to look back and remember, cry, and have hope for the future. I will never stop missing the sweet sweet little boy and the magical spirit behind those eyes. He changed me forever.


This was written in 2009.


Baby eyes!


My daughter and her husband are foster parents to a beautiful little boy. We are enjoying him and will as long as God keeps him in our arms. So hard to trust a higher power sometimes when you have fallen in love! But, we must. We have a new adopted grandson that is part of my son's family and I can now post pictures of him. I don't use names on this blog but do put pictures. Here is the little man when we first fell in love.



And here he is now with his Grandfather!





Kissy lips!


So, today, February 4, 2015, I reflect on the big and little people who have come and especially the ones who have gone, due to " the system" or miscarriage, or just "gone too soon". It seems as life goes along, death and loss is just a part of package. I will never "get over" these losses, but certainly have learned to live with them. I do occasionally remember sadly, but I am ever so grateful for knowing them and the hope that always goes along with new life. The biggest thing for those who have passed on is the joy of imaging them in the Saviors presence. God's presence is with each and every one of us, whether we acknowledge HIM or not. HE is so much bigger than we will every be able to understand, that gives me great comfort. 

So . . . to end on a high note. Since this post was originally written, we have had two more little boys come into our lives. When babies come into your life through foster/adoption there is a special blessing. Just pondering the  process of how a random child could end up in your life, and what had to happen to create that opportunity has both sadness and joy. But in the end, they are put in our families care and I take that VERY seriously. I can't imagine thinking this is just randomness. 

So here are two more little boys who have captured my hearts since this post was written (but not published)

The J-man, lover of life, happiness unbounded.



The G-man. The embodiment of preciousness, 
and undoubtedly the BIGGEST surprise of my life.

No comments: