This first fabric is actually two, a simple cream cotton under a very blue black fun "bubble" fabric. I am making an experimental dress for my youngest before I tackle a more complex and beautiful fabric that will need to be treated with great respect and patience. After lots of fun flannel jammies and basic men's everyday shirts, it will be fun to have a challenge.

Of coarse hubby isn't going to go into a store and not hunt down some great fabric for his shirts. I love that HE get's to design HIS OWN shirts. How many guys get to do that? I love the time working on his shirts as well.

I have this for a blouse for myself, I got it last week when I was getting the corduroy for a chair cushion and some fabric for the bed skirt I will be making.

This is the basic color of the fancy dress I will make for my youngest. She will have a dress to wear for when it is called for. Not something you wear very often, but when you need it, there it is. I cannot wait to start experimenting with all the little details that will make it super fabulous. This will be a challenge, but I have plenty of books and info, just no experience, so easy does it. I won't be done tomorrow, for sure.

This is the beaded fabric laid over the satin. Fabulous. Looks MUCH better in person. It is hard to capture how it looks in natural light, but will take several pictures in different lighting when it is done. My goal is to be done by the end of the year.

This last bit is a wool that I will make a dress pant for my youngest, fully lined. I am eager to get that started as well. The fabric was 50% off, so I bought some extra to make myself a jacket. You can't go wrong with gray wool. It has a really nice texture.

I think I need a big work board and have an idea to make one. It will keep me inspired and also let me see all my projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment