Pages

09 September 2009

Trends

I have been thinking about "trends" and the fact that it basically translates into . . . UNIFORM. Really!! Plaid is supposed to be a fall trend. So everyone wants plaid. Then next fall, plaid will be so LAST YEAR! Good grief. A specific color can also be a trend and you head out and every one is wearing that color. What happens is, you look at a photograph from the past and you can see what year it was due to whatever trend (uniform) was popular at the time. Take the hair of the 80's. There is a reason we don't wear that any more. Bed head was also a trend for a while. Thankfully that one has seen better days as well. I am NOT a trend person. I like color, I like a style that looks nice on ME and I will not, ever follow what someone else has labeled a "trend."

No comments: