This was done this weekend by hubby, as he worked along side my youngest who also tie dyed her own white capris. They were out back using the grill to keep the mess out of the house . . . how considerate of them. Hubby had a hobby when he was in High School and turned it into a business. He was famous for his creations. I saw some of them, pretty unique stuff. There is an artist in ALL of us. We just have to find the right medium. When my youngest was in a play in elementary school all the children in the class were told to tie dye a white t-shirt for their costume. Amazing how our daughters stood out. It was a FAR superior job of tie dying than any of the other kids. His talent was apparent.
Here is a front and back view.


Sometimes I am lucky enough to catch one of my garments ON the model it was intended for. We are big recyclers, even though reUSE is even better! This fabric we found online. A batik of the recyle logo. A very light weight fabric. He now has a nice selection of light weight shirts that are comfy for the warm months. I have two more cut out and ready to put together, but they will sit for a bit as I try to finish the Christmas sewing before we go see our babies and take all those jammies I have been working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment