Pages

25 July 2010

Augh! . . . and a sneak preview

I am finishing up the "photo shoot" dress for baby K and I decided to cut out the complimenting dress for Lulu. Lulu's dress will feature a really lovely print that will be critical to get just so. After laying it out, I discovered it was off kilter! Thus . . . . augh!

At the folded end it was lined up at the 25 inch mark.

For it to lay flat, it was an inch off in each direction! Again . . . augh!

So I will have to think about this one. Thankfully there is enough fabric to see how it might lay if I cut it square to the pattern of the fabric rather than square to how it lays. It won't look right at all if the pattern seems to drunkenly wander off the edge of the garment! I think any compromise will have to occure on the vertical lines. With the gathering, it will be camouflaged more.

And now for a little peak of baby K's dress, but not too much. It is SOOOO cute!!

Bodice detail.

The sleeve.

The hem.

The back.

No comments: