Pages

19 July 2010

If I were FIVE! CASA donation.

We support our local foster care organization through the Court Appointed Special Advocates. The folks that volunteer for this are the children's voice when they can't speak for themselves. Each year we hear stories of children's whose lives are changed because someone cares enough to reach out and invest their time and energy for this amazing organization. We are not in a position to foster, but we can help by making donations to their fundraising efforts. Since sewing adorable children's clothes is one of my "things" I have fun each year coming up with something rather special to donate. I bought this pink fabric a while back just cause it made me smile. I had purchased the pattern for the same reason. And if I were five years old, this would be my FAVORITE dress! I just adore it, it is perfectly wonderfully CUTE and PERKY and FUN.

The only thing I might add is white piping at the hem. I think it will add that little extra pop that will enhance the dress. The purse has it on the flap.

Between the lining and the fabric I put some netting to help the skirt stand out a bit. So cute.

An adorable little purse to match the dress. Super fun!! I might add a special little bling thing to the front flap. There is a snap underneath.

Detail of purse with little butterfly applique.

My children have a heart for foster/adoption with the two that are married experiencing the highs and lows of this very emotional and sometimes stressful experiece. One has since been adopted and the other is hopefully very close. What a special joy and blessing these little people have been to us and the entire family and how lucky THEY were to find us. We love them so much.

My prayers have been for all the little children in foster care or in need of adoption, and for those who care for them. God bless ALL the little children. They are precious in HIS sight.

No comments: