I had found this batik a while back and the color, the background, and the LADYBUGS made it a "must buy". So thankful that I can indulge my desires for fabrics. It is absolutely my best creative self expression at the moment. As I design and build, it is wonderful meditation and prayer, mostly for whoever is recieving the item, although it goes well beyond that. Then I hang these little dresses up in my living room and enjoy them as the artwork that they are until being sent off to be worn by a precious little girl. This one is for the older grand daughter, little Lulu.
I used the same pattern as the pink polka dot. The skirt is a full circle, and Lulu LOVES to twirl. This one has a nice little built in slip which is less full and netting is added to add fullness to the skirt. That will also add a bit more modesty to the twirling!

I had the black ric-rac set aside with this fabric, but wasn't sure I wanted to add it, but decided to go ahead. Happy with the results.

The back of the bodice with an invisible zipper. I am getting better and better at details like this.

The black underskirt and netting. So fun and frilly.
No comments:
Post a Comment