Of coarse designers (me in this case) must interpret a clients vision and come up with something that hopefully pleases them both and this was my effort. 

This bodice detail was left over from some of the bits and pieces I had thought I might use on my oldest daughter's wedding dress.
Sleeve detail, which brings in the "God Dress" theme. This is definately Kid Couture, as there is lots of hand finishing and the inside of the dress is nearly as pretty as the outside and the extra details which will make the skirt lay correctly are all sewn in. It was a fun dress to make, but took a lot longer than I expected. There is a sparkley over lay that took some finess to get it to lay nicely and the appliques are between the layers.
Princess dresses ARE fun, but not very practical, for sure. I hope she gets many wearings out of it and feels all the prayers like hugs from her Nanut. She will be getting it for her birthday in January. God bless my little Lulu.
No comments:
Post a Comment