Pages

05 January 2011

Green corduroy jacket

I have been working on a jacket little bits at a time. Haven't had much energy, but after nearly two weeks I finally have it together. The only thing left is the buttons. I have some, just not sure they are the ones I want. They are from mom's stash and maybe a little too fancy for corduroy. We'll see.

I decided to fully line the jacket, just to give it a try. Wasn't hard, but makes a lot of difference in slipping it on and off. Lining is always worth the effort in my book.


My best discovery through all this was to finally pull out the steamer that my mom gave me about a year ago. Been a little scared to try it, but it was really quite simple and does a SUPERB job steaming/ironing. Very simple to use, straightforward and very effective. I guess (after looking at the receipt she left in the box) since it is obviously top of the line. Lucky me, my mom has such a desire to only use the best.



I think my next project will be for me again, a skirt all ready to go.

No comments: