Pages

12 January 2011

Real or Fake

I recently did a t-shirt quilt for a friend, then my neighbor asked for my help to make a t-shirt quilt for her husband. I have been wanting to make one for years! So why not NOW!

My son literally lived in Hard Rock t-shirts and sweatshirts when he was in Junior High and part of High School. Some parents actually thought he wore the same thing every day! I guess they didn't notice the cities changing. They were a big deal in our family and with our travel, extra fun to actually GET one at the source or find an interesting fake.

I think it started when we visited Chicago just before moving overseas. We all bought Hard Rock Chicago sweat shirts, and ended up in Norway in August with NO shipment for six weeks. It was August, we came from Texas, we had NO warm clothing and it is kinda chilly in Norway in August, who knew? We LIVED in our Hard Rock Chicago sweatshirts. I guess with my son, it started something.

Can you tell which group are real and which are fake??






I have enjoyed the process of dreaming up how I will put these together and what embellishing and patterns I will use to build it. I have some really GOOD ideas! I will have to shop before I can proceed. Yesterday I ironed on the tricot backing and cut the squares to prep for constructing what I think will be a fabulous memory.



One year I let them wear their Hard Rock shirts for the annual "my great kids" photo. My son's is a fake, the youngest's was a gift (never been to Vegas) and the oldest's was bought ON SITE! Rock ON!!!

No comments: