Pages

23 February 2011

Round 4

I just noticed it has been over a month since my last posting. Hmmmm, no sewing (well a little) but lots of praying.

I have done a few little projects, a Texas shirt requested by a church buddy and sewn for a church auction, as well as another bag, similar to the one I gave my daughter-in-law for Christmas, also for the church auction. I took my time on them. I also finished some pillow case dresses my daughter-in-law requested for her girls. My suit and some other projects will sit and wait until I am up to working on them.

I start round four tomorrow as long as I am recovered enough from round three. It has been eight weeks this time. Six weeks the time before (with a shot to help), four weeks the time before. Not a good trend as I see it. Each time I am knocked further down and take longer to recover. I had my bone marrow aspiration/biopsy two weeks ago so will be restaged apparently tomorrow. There is a chance I may not need all six rounds of chemo. As much as I would like to stop NOW I want this out of me as much as possible, so I'll do what it takes. Report coming soon.

After the first two weeks, which are not pleasant, my biggest challenge is tiredness. My "exercise" is taking care of the house. I have had a bit more energy the past couple of weeks, which makes me feel very hopeful that when this is all over I will indeed return to normal. Realizing it will be a new normal, as I am older and have been through a serious ordeal. I look forward to building my strength and stamina. I hate being puny. Five years ago I was a fine specimen of fitness! I will be again.

No comments: