Pages

26 February 2011

What I have learned

I have learned two things through my treatment.

1. I CAN go to events like ballet and such, my doctor has not restricted these types of activies. I wear my mask and people seem to respect that and give me a wide berth. Since I don't know anyone I can get there early, settle in and sit quietly.

2. I CAN'T go to (or pay a high price for) functions that require me to converse. Conversation completely wears me out. Hubby is used to it, I just don't have much to say. My friends can absolutly tell how I am doing when they call just by the way I am talking. One would not think talking is effort, it is.

That is what I have learned.

The shot I got does not seem to have caused as much problems as last time. I was sore yesterday, but today, only two days later, I am more comfortable, and the sore throat (from being out talking) has also eased up.

So I continue to take it easy, rejoice that the chemo is working and look forward to the day that I can work out, go on trips (short and long) to see family and spend more time out and about with my buddies. Also, I sure have missed sewing. I do a bit, but not near the volume I am used to.

No comments: