Pages

11 November 2011

Baltimore Album musings

I am teaching a neighbor beginning quilting this morning and spent some time digging through my quilt books and found a third Elly S. book in my library. I had forgotten I had it. I think I have had this quilt on my mind for years. I also found some silk threads from stuff my mom gave me a few years back. Elly S. recommends silk thread for not only applique but also for the details, instead of the usual embroidery floss. It certainly makes a finer more delicate line. I will see which I like more, but will definitely use the silk in the future for applique.


My three Elly Sienkiewicz books.


My silk thread, thanks mom! Great colors.


Where I am currently on the Crown on Ruched Roses, which I will probably not use in the final quilt, this is a learning square. I pitched the first two ruched roses, they just were not up to par. I am also not real pleased with the sameness of the leaves, I think I would like more variety.

No comments: