I was also able to try out two sergers while I was there, which is a very nice perk at the quilt fest. I think I have a really good idea of what I will replace my current serger with. The one I have now was well used before I got it from my mom and I have been using it for eight years on a very regular basis. I love it. I actually want a machine that serges AND does the coverstitch. It was very confusing to me at the beginning, but with research I have it figured out. I think I am about due, as my little overused serger has pieces falling off and the on/off switch is broken. I have a rocker switch at the wall and use that to turn it on and off. I figure it will serve me for maybe a year more, but want the next one to be my last. Buy a good machine, take care of it well and use it often, enjoying the quality of the machine. Worth it. Buying cheap can cost more in the long run in frustration and inefficiency, plus replacing it.
The other very lovely surprise I got while there was fitness. I have not been able to push myself without a large cost these past few months, my recovery time was pretty long. I walked over four miles the first day of the fest just walking back and forth from our loft to the convention center, adding to that the walking on the floor of the show. I wasn't sure I would even be able to get out of bed the next morning, but you know what? I DID, and I managed a second day of some pretty serious walking. I was treated to a lovely dinner and visit from hubby, who had arrived back in town that evening, and that got me ready for a third day which was punctuated with a lovely lunch with youngest and her hubby. My afternoon was spent smiling. I have such a wonderful family. By then I was realizing that I was getting stronger by the day and the evening of resting and a good night sleep was enough to get me recovered. I think I am finally really getting back to a more normal routine. It's a good thing. I will never be where I was five years ago, but that is OK. This is enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment