We have all heard of T-shirt Quilts, and I have made one and have two more in the works. But I had been thinking of what to do with t-shirts with a theme that weren't numerous enough to fill a full size quilt. This idea came out of the blue. I wanted to make something with my old outgrown/worn shirts for a friend who owns the local Jazzercise Franchise. A BEAR!
First pic is the t-shirts cut up some with the tricot iron on backing. The tricot stabilizes the stretch and really makes for a great, workable piece of T. I really had to take time with this one. Preparing, ironing, then placing the pattern pieces so the bear made sense.
The bears arm.
The finished bear, super cute. I hope she loves it.
I "signed" the bear by using my pilled up class manager shirt that she gave me years ago. I hope she enjoys this little bear, she is getting it for her birthday in April. Fun!
I have been going to Jazzercise for years, my first class was 27 years ago and still remember doing a routine to Barry Manilow. The class was huge. I also Jazzercised in Norway and found a class when we moved back. I have been fortunate to always have a class available in my area.
No comments:
Post a Comment