We just had our bi-annual trip to see the grand kids in NC. Always WAY fun and always WAY exhausting. Watching these precious children grow and being a part of their lives is a treasure. We were able to spend time with two at a time on this trip, plus some time one on one. I was also able to babysit with youngest "JR" as he will be known in this blog on Saturday night while mom and dad had a little date. Since I was in charge of his bed time, I milked it "pun INTENDED" for all it was worth, bravely leaving Grandfather in charge of the other four. Since they are extremely well parented, he managed just fine. We both agree, these are great kids, a pleasure to be around and of coarse fun, surprising and at times there is just a little "oh, my" thrown in. They are kids, after all!
D modeling a basic blue T that I made.
KN's "free" fish. Hey, they were still alive when we left!
Origami with KN, that was such a sweet time. She is such a sweet girl!
KN painting Nanut's cheek!
Lulu painting KN's face. These are the face paints she specifically requested for her birthday. Thank you Amazon!
Lulu's masterpiece!
I get my turn!
Cowboy with many, many grapes in his mouth. This was the most "polite" picture I took. The boy has "bravado" as his Aunt Dewey says. She is right. This in one of the less gross things he did while we were there. Welcome adolescence. And still . . . . LOVE THE BOY!!!
Celebrating neighbor J's birthday.
Here are a series of pics that I can publish for now. Once the youngest is "official" I have a couple more. My son was quick with the button and captured some real keepers!
Have to note the "quote of the trip" that was made by KN. When asked "What is the worst part of being a girl?" she responded without missing a beat. "Sitting on boy pee." I concur.
No comments:
Post a Comment