I have had a few days with time to work on my jacket. Such a time sink, amazing. Most of the time is spent on things that won't ever show, basting and removing, linings, support, etc. You can see in the first picture the four layers of support. The second shows the inside on the hand bound button holes, just so the inside looks nice. Yup, time sink. But I sure enjoy it.
Sewing the trim on the sleeves.
I found this simple trim at the local fabric shop.
I also ordered, since it isn't locally available, silk buttonhole twist. I have been using cotton, but for my Chanel fabric, the next suit, I wanted to use silk. I may also purchase the silk thread for the quilting and sewing as well. Pretty cool. I have a sample book, so will always be able to pick just the right color.
No comments:
Post a Comment