Pages

15 April 2015

Happy Birthday JR

Our no longer youngest grandson turned 2 last week. I have made quilts for the older two and hope to eventually have a quilt for all of them. This one was so fun. Most of the shirts I have made for the men in my life are represented here. Been doing it for a number of years. It was a bit of a spontaneous, not too planned quilt. I just started cutting squares, them putting shapes on some of them, then his initials. After it was together I realized it needed to be a bit bigger. Since Grandfather is an original Bow Tie Guy, I decided to add that all around to add size. Not a specific size, just a little quilt for a little boy. Comfy and fun. Wasn't sure it would get done, as lately the sewing room seems to have taken a back seat to all the other things going on. But I did it! 


 I tied this one. 

And here is the handsome 2 year old. 
What a great idea to get one eating the cookies I made.
Can't wait to see him. 

No comments: