So this suit is made from fabric I purchased last fall on a road trip up north to see family and go to hubby's 40th college reunion. I like to check out fabric stores sometimes and we managed two. I like the independent ones. This one was in Indianapolis and I purchased a Tiny Dot on a twill wool blend. The base is navy. It was $18 a yard and I got 4.5, enough to make a jacket and skirt. I have a piece of off white silk that I got from my mom that I am using for the lining. I have almost used all the fabric that she had given me.
I started it last week. It took me a couple days to get into the swing of sewing again, it has been months since I have done much sewing. The other little things I did, I don't consider in the same category. They are fun, but simple. I guess I like a challenge. These couture jackets are a challenge. So are men's shirts and some of the other things I sew. Hopefully hats will soon be part of my challenges. We have had plenty of distractions around here, but today it was all and only about the jacket. I made a great deal of progress, in fact will be ready to quilt tomorrow after I purchase the thread I need.
This is the stay at the bust. I had already steamed shrank the fabric.
Another important bit that won't be seen. The front stay and button hole supports.
All the pieces are thread traced, details done and lining basted into place. The support pieces are also ready, at the hem of the jacket and sleeves, plus back neck. Ready to quilt and construct.
I do not have a trim chosen yet. I may wait until the conference to see what is available.
No comments:
Post a Comment