Pages

09 April 2009

It's in the Details

Last week I worked on these two little dresses and just finished them today. I have one for Lulu and one for Baby K. They don't exactly match, but they are definitely a set! Amazing how just one of these little dresses took nearly as long as all the jammies is the previous blog, but I do enjoy adding all sorts of little extras when I have the time, and for my girls, I love taking the time, plus extra lovely thoughts for them. I certainly enjoy doing it and am very pleased with the results. Two "one of a kind" little dresses for two "one of a kind" little girls. I hope they like them. I KNOW I would if I were a little girl, cause I love the bright colors, the combination of patterns and the little details of piping and applique. And the comfort of a little sundress when it's hot outside.




In Lulu's little dress I have decided to add a little lady bug inside near the label. I did it in her jammies as well. Her momma calls her Lulu Ladybug, so I thought that would make her feel special. I also use the alphabet feature on my machine to write in the back yoke near the label. Like I said, I took all kinds of time on these, the fun is in the details.


This is the front yoke of Lulu's. I had to look around for the buttons, I didn't like the way the green ones looked, too much green. The purple is embroidery over the applique hearts. I did the same on the pockets and also added piping to them.

No comments: