Pages

16 April 2009

Sewing lessons

I am going to teach a young lady how to sew, at least I hope I will be able to teach. I have never really done this before. Her grandma talked to me about teaching her this summer, and we are attending her first communion, so my gift will be the fabric, pattern and notions, along with my time, to teach her how to make a simple pair of pajamas. I think it will be fun!



I also had a coupon for 40% off fabric that is NOT on sale, so I always check out what is available. Since I am always thinking ahead, I found this really really cute flannel for my little girls for their jammies for next fall. I already have some John Deere fabric in pink plaid, but two pair is reasonable when it comes to jammies, I just couldn't resist.




I love my little grandbabies, and feel particularly blessed to be able to sew for them. It makes me feel far more connected, especially when I think of them wearing my hugs (in the form of a cowboy shirt, sun dress, jammies or whatever) when I am far away. How can love just keep growing and growing? I got a surprise phone call last night and was able to have a conversation with the older two and a "conversation" with the two year old. What a riot. She just went on and on with her little story. In talking to the oldest, a very imaginative, creative little five year old, he was asking when I was bringing his costume and asked if I would make him a Robin Hood costume. What a great idea. He is exploring being Davy Crockett at the moment. I found a pattern for Robin Hood and will look at it and decide how that will come together in the fall. I already have a fair selection of fabrics and patterns for next winter for most of them. I still don't sew much for the baby, but I am sure there are hand me downs and such for now. I am sure it won't be long before he is wearing my cowboy shirts and jammies.

No comments: