Pages

28 December 2012

Games

I like to play games. 

My mom stayed with us from Thanksgiving until Dec. 22 when we drove her to my brother's house for Christmas. She will visit a few more weeks with them before heading back to her home. We saw three movies, Lincoln, Flight and Anna Karenina. We had lunch with friends, friends for dinner, shopped and sewed, had a lesson or two on her IPad, and we played games.  We played a LOT of games and added a few more during our time at my brothers. We even invited neighbors a couple of afternoons to join us. All total we played . . . 

Farkle - 59 games
Upwords - 27 games
Rummy Cube - 25 games
Scrabble - 1 game
Quarkle - 3 games
Dominos - 4 games
Settlers of Cattan - 3 games

I think my favorite is Upwords, but any time I can spend face time with those I love is a good time. That is one reason I like games. You are WITH the person playing the game. Conversation - optional. Competition - optional. It is simply time with another person. Fun, engaging and a lovely way to spend in your leisure. I still remember our last trip to the beach with my son and his family. Each evening the four of us adults played Contract Rummy. What a fun way to spend an evening. Laughing, enjoying, thinking a bit and just being together. 

Now . . . back to work. 

No comments: