Pages

31 December 2012

3rd Annual Parade of Empty Spools

I have done this twice before. The first posted on 31 Dec. 2010 (30 spools used in 2010) and the second on 11 Jan 2012 (15 spools used in 2011, with 2 from this current year). This one will be posted today, 31 Dec. 2012 because I am done sewing for the year. I spent the past two days in the sewing room, we have 22 folks coming in the morning and there are other things to do! 

So here are 28 spools, which really should be 30 because I took the two from January of this year and stuck them on LAST year, to boost my puny, post chemo sewing accomplishments. So, I am thinking 30 spools for 2012. So how many will I empty is 2013? We'll see! 


I do have some "goals" for this year. First to finally make the "perfect" man's dress shirt. I have struggled with interfacing, just not finding that perfect crisp feel that won't show through from shrinkage, which seems to be a problem with Pellon brand. So frustrating to follow the instructions and still come out with less than ideal results. With my experience, my new shirt book and now, finally, the possibility of being able to order some professional quality interfacing, we'll see. When I think of the time, effort and expense of a custom man's shirt, it is nice if it looks right and lasts a while. I have three I want to finish in January, one for my son (late Christmas gift) one for SIL#2 for his b-day and one for hubby, just because he's my #1! His will be basic white with french cuffs. 

I also want to sew for myself more. I have gone through some physical changes either from chemo or from facing the big 60. The bod is looking more like a cozy comfy place for a grandchild to snuggle into, even though a non-sewing goal also includes some fitness. My clothes from the last decade need to be updated and replaced. I have some fabulous fabric that is just calling me! I found a blog that is called the "stingy seamstress" or something like that. She ONLY sews for herself. I am inspired by her dedication, but I just can't do that, seems boring. 

I would like to also start keeping a notebook. The blog is great, but I am hands on. I want to have a section for each person I sew for and also a GUEST section, for donations and friends. My hubby has me sewing for several of his buds these days. So a gift section for those outside the immediate family will be included. 

That's enough goals for now, I have 22 people coming to my house in less than 24 hours, gotta GO!

No comments: