My youngest finds plenty of ways to challenge me in the sewing room. She likes fine fabrics, so silk and wool have become more comfortable and less intimidating for me to work with. I have also made her a couple of things from scratch and also used clothes she loves to draft patterns. This is my latest pattern drafting effort. I believe that the pattern grew a bit as I drafted this time. Not sure why, but that can be adjusted once we try on the blouse.
Inside the front of the blouse.
The outside. Drafting that facing was a challenge, won't be sure I got it right until I actually attach it.
Front pleats, a necessary addition.
Another detail of the pleats, how they come up to the collar.
My practice piece from some fabric that was not designated for a particular project. One thing I have learned, a practice piece is NEVER a waste of time. The pleats were a real challenge and I cut the armhole part to the first pleat, sewed the pleats, THEN cut the rest of the front to the front center. I am not sure how I would draft with the pleats integrated into the pattern, but this works just fine. I took some of the curve out of the right front pleats and they turned out a bit nicer (and smoother) than the ones on the left front of the blouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment