

We attended the Court Appointed Special Advocate Gala this past weekend for our county. My husband calls it PROM and it is a bit like that, only WAY more fun. I don't remember having all that much fun at mine, but I DID like my dresses each year. My grandfather bought me the one for my Jr. Prom and my mom made me one for my Sr. Prom. I liked it so much I still have it back in my closet. That is one thing about me, my taste pretty much is my taste and hasn't changed through the years.
ANYway . . . the two ladies that were in a bidding war finally got frustrated and were standing close to the dress as the auction was nearing the end. The one lady was sitting with us at the table and suggested they come and talk to me. I offered to make a second dress, so they were both happy, and CASA got a bit more than they would have. Since I don't have access to lots of $$$ I use my time and talent. Another little dress I made also went for a nice price, but I was super happy with what the women were willing to donate for "The Princess Dress"
Now, back to work, I have another Princess Dress to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment