

On Monday I was able to stay home all day and sew . . . Heaven! Plus I was trying some new techniques, which is why it took my all day to make the shirt. The cuff placket I am very pleased with, so I will be doing that from now on. The way the instructions had me attach the collar . . . not so much. I like the way I have been doing it for years, so will continue. I learned to make the small pocket in the collar for the collar stays, which keep the collar nice and straight. That took some time, but absolutely worth it. The collar stays are removable.
My husband says "no pockets" as they only collect lint. Works for me!! This one is from fabric we bought downtown, nice. I am getting better at choosing the right interfacing and all. The neck is still slightly larger than the 15 1/2 that he needs but with this pattern (no attached back yoke) it is a bit tricky to make the collar smaller, I need to have the yoke back with the attached main back piece having the tuck of fabric. I have that pattern ready to make his next dress shirt. I will be downtown soon and will get some more material for dress shirts, and get 2 1/2 yards which is what I need for the nicer dress shirts with the yoke back. This pattern was from the cowboy shirt I have been making, but of coarse I leave off the fancy cowboy yokes. My son, I found wears the same size shirt as my husband and my son-in-law fits in them as well. Hmmmm, wonder if another potential shirt recipient is also that size????? How easy would that be?
No comments:
Post a Comment