Pages

27 March 2009

The Cowboy Song



I write a song for each of my grandchildren. Don't know why, just do. I had little names for my kids when they were little, Silly Bean, Tootsie Bear and Honey Bunny, so this is probably just an extension of my celebration of children. I have finished Baby K's, but the other two (who were reminding me she needs a song, too) haven't heard it yet. It isn't something I can force, but it finally came to me. They will hear it on my next visit.

This is the Cowboy Song. I put cowboy in place of his real name.

Cowboy, cowboy, cowboy,
He's my little boy.
Cowboy, cowboy, cowboy,
He's my little toy.

I like to play with Cowboy,
I like to play all day.
Cowboy, cowboy, cowboy,
Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!

I have also been singing a little praise song, "Rejoice in the Lord, Always" from the time he was born. It was off an album that my children listened to when they were little. Cary Landry was the artist on the album named Hi God. Anyway, I sing it all the time when I visit and he can belt it out pretty good, especially the re-JOICE part. When he was very young the JOICE was all he could do, but he did it well. After he hit about three, the "self conscious cowboy" came out and he tempered his enthusiasm. Why do humans get like that? My youngest, "bunny" came out of it in High School and she was always the most fun counseller at summer camp. She was FUN to watch and held nothing back as she praised the Lord. I believe she had a profound impact on those Jr. Hi. kids.

No comments: