Pages

23 March 2009

The Kitty Cat Quilt

I am making a quilt for my oldest daughter and her husband. They are cat people and recently had to say good-bye to one of their cats. They ask if I would contribute to the memory of their kitty and after thinking about how to do that, I decided a cat quilt would be perfect. It is a smallish quilt, crib size, and I will put a sleeve in the back of it so they can hang it on the wall if they would prefer that to using it to snuggle up with. It alternates with cat squares, heart squares and nine patch squares. Much of the fabric is from my mom's stash, although I had to buy the dark blue for the sashing and framing, as well as the cat fabric for the back. That is just for grins. One of the cats on the cat fabric reminds me of the cat my daughter got several years ago when she was single. It was a rescue.


This is the heart square.



This is the nine patch square.


This is the cat square.



The back of the quilt. I rarely do the back in only one fabric. I have used the blue of the sashing and the deep pink from the posts and will embroider the date and such in that square.


The front of the quilt.

I have it basted, but will do the quilting in April when I am recovering from a procedure that will require me to sit on the couch for a few weeks.

No comments: