Pages

11 August 2009

Jackpot

We recently spent a weekend in town at the baseball park, something that is fun to do. But of coarse not necessarily my FAVORITE thing to do. It is up near the top though, especially when in involves sitting and enjoying it with hubby. Watching a full series like we do adds an interesting dimension to baseball. One that you don't get when you attend just one game, which is fun as well.

But when a weekend in town also includes a trip to my favorite shopping destination, well, that is just frosting on the cake!

This first piece I bought at a place near where we live, not in town. I had a coupon, so I always look for something when I have 40% off!! I love batik fabric and this just called to me. I will make it using the same patten that I used for my black polka dot that I recently made. Such a comfy dress. Such beautiful fabric.



This second piece we bought in town. I bought enough for a dress for me and a shirt for hubby. His shirts are beginning to look a bit worn, and he found that these cotton shirts are very cool and comfy in the summer. We will wear them to the chili cook off in the neighborhood. The neighbors are getting used to our unusual take on clothing and now that I am sewing more, we may be dubbed "twinkies" as we show up in our matching outfits. Well, not matching, but certainly coordinating. The orange is for a little jacket for me. I have been thinking about how to make it completely reversible and think I have come up with a solution, but now I need the time to work on the project. I also want to use some of the threads my mom passed on to me, to embellish the flowers on my dress bodice, or maybe do some applique on the inside of the jacket, just for fun. Fun is fun.



Hubby picked this one, and I found the coordinating solids to make my reversible jacket! I will play around with this one as well. The fabric just makes me SMILE!



The yellow is for a dress shirt for hubby. They had a sale and he found this. The blue plaid is a linen type and I am going to make a shirt dress for me from the pattern I made out of a dress I have had for at least 12 years. It was on sale as well, and I always use sale fabric when I am trying something new. I have this fantasy of creating totally unique patterns and creations of my own, but I have a way to go. The more I sew and fiddle around with ideas and fabrics and patterns, the better I will get. Plus, for me, it is totally fun and enjoyable. Go figure. It floats my boat.



This last photo is of the pattern and fabric for my little grandson, who has visions of being Robin Hood! He will have fun with this. He has a wonderful imagination and curiosity. It is fun to be a part of that aspect of his life. We don't see him, and his family near enough, but our love for them is just as big as if we saw them daily. I will post a pic of him as Robin Hood as soon as I can.

No comments: