Pages

20 August 2009

More jammies


The past two days I have been focusing on more jammies. Yesterday I made the "big boy" jammies. It took a lot longer than I thought because each seam was sewn three times. Once to bring sides together, then I serged the edges, then I sewed the seam down flat so it was comfy on the inside. Jammies should be comfy. I also use part elastic and part ties for the waist band so that the final adjustment can be made by the wearer. Again, comfort is the top priority and warmth of coarse.



The little night gown is for Lulu Ladybug, and has a little extra lady bug button up on the shoulder, just for fun!



I have been sewing like MAD lately and have been finishing an item a day. I will continue this until our floors are in the master closet and bedroom, then will be ready for a break from sewing to get all that put back together again. Nice.

No comments: